As the premier animation studio in the Netherlands, Submarine creates compelling and visually-stunning stories for both the big and small screen. We partner with animators from across the globe to produce innovative and original animation in all varieties – adult animation, children films and series, hybrids and animated documentaries.
Our studio accommodates up to 50 animators, working on commissioned work as well as our own (co)productions. We created a modular pipeline using industry standard software such as Adobe Animate, TVPaint and Toon Boom Harmony. Most recently the studio worked on ‘The Wellie Wishers’ a 26×11 series commissioned by Mattel and animated on ‘Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles’ a 2D feature film targeted towards an adult audience. Currently in production are the drama series ‘Undone’ for Amazon, feature film ‘Heinz’ and design and sculpting for ‘Fox and Hare’ the series. In the near future we will start production on ‘Knofje’ and the co-production ‘Where is Anne Frank.’
Submarine Studio is always in search for interns for all departments. Please send us your resume and showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Internship 2018’ in the subject.
SUBMARINE AS COPRODUCTION PARTNER
Submarine is always looking for new opportunities with international co-producers and partners! In case you are considering shooting (part of) your feature film/documentary in The Netherlands, we can offer a 35% cash rebate on production costs spent in the Netherlands by international film productions.
How to access the 35% cash rebate:
The Netherlands Film Production Incentive applies to feature films, feature length animated films and feature length documentaries.
- For feature films and feature length animated films, the budget has to be at least 1 million euro.
- For feature length documentaries, the minimum budget is 250.000 euro. The minimum Dutch production spend is 100.000 euro.
- At least 50% of the financing should be in place at the time of applying.
- Eligible applications are ranked based on a standardized point system is used to assess whether a production meets sufficient criteria to qualify for the program.
- Even after shooting is completed, application is possible for post-production activities
Submarine has extensive experience with international co-productions and the Netherlands Production Incentive. We offer international producers the possibility to apply for the cash rebate through Submarine as a co-producer.
For more information on Dutch cash rebate, see the Netherlands Film Fund website.