Personal Assistant/ Production Assistant/ Research Assistant
Submarine LA develops and produces features, documentaries and transmedia productions. The company was founded by storytellers who have a passion and knowledge of film and technology. SubLA makes experiences that explore new forms of storytelling that encompass traditional and emerging media. SubLA has studios in Venice, CA and Amsterdam and is led by industry pioneers: Tommy Pallotta, Femke Wolting and Bruno Felix. SubLA is a satellite of Amsterdam based Submarine and Submarine Channel.
– Provide overall production support and assistance to creative director and producer.
– Responsible for setting up calls and meetings, taking notes, researching images, clips, music, and footage needed for projects.
– Research information on particular projects. Some creative research & development.
– Creating and maintaining a company development slate, and supporting building creative pitch documents or materials (decks, one sheets, etc.).
– Distributing and following-up on documents.
– Write coverage and assess incoming ideas.
– Processes and tracks billing, expense reports, etc.
– Managing document flow, including creating and maintaining files (electronic and hard copy).
– Other general administrative duties (processing mail, copying, etc.).
Must Have Skills:
– Excellent written & oral communication skills.
– Organized Multi-tasker Attention to detail.
– Self-starter and proactive personality.
– Basic understanding of production protocols & workflow.
– Team-oriented & support nature, willing to pitch in where needed.
– Think on your feet, think ahead & anticipate next steps.
– Assistant or coordinating experience, working knowledge of entertainment industry and workflow.
– Experience in documentary and/or drama television.
Must be based in West-LA.
If you are interested, please email your CV with cover letter to email@example.com