Head of Submarine Channel
Submarine Channel is an international media lab that creates and distributes innovative online productions, including interactive motion comics, web documentaries, VR projects and events.
Submarine Channel is aimed at an international audience interested in new ways of storytelling, transmedia and visual culture. Submarine Channel is a foundation. We are an open, informal and dynamic company. Our office is in the center of Amsterdam.
We are hiring a creative, smart, out-of-the-box thinker to lead our team in Amsterdam.
Your main responsibility is to develop and produce the creative process of interactive documentary projects, from the early stages of conception up until the moment of release, and taking the creative lead on Submarine Channel’s productions.
Specifically, this would require you to do any of the following things, in no particular order:
- Develop original interactive concepts and stories into executable projects
- Identify the main creative ambitions and challenges for each project
- Form creative teams to execute the projects and motivating the team to deliver their targets
- Financing projects by writing applications for funds, seeking (international) co-producers and partners, attracting brands and sponsors, you have a strong experience of developing funding strategies and achieving budgets in this media field
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team of (international) creators and developers
- Manage the creative workflow of multiple projects at once
- In charge of quality assurance control for each phase of the project, i.e. make sure deliverables match up to Submarine Channel’s high quality standards
- Serve as an ambassador of Submarine Channel and present projects at international festivals and events
Relevant higher education (HBO/WO University or similar)
- are creative, smart, an out-of-the-box thinker, forward thinking, problem solving, and enthusiastic;
- have a strong knowledge of the interactive marketplace, including specific creative projects, clients, and individual producers, creatives, designers and developers;
- have experience with managing a team;
- have experience with fund applications and working with brands and sponsors;
- have 5 + years experience with development and production of VR and interactive projects;
- have a network of creatives and technical developers;
- are a team player, ambitious, and result oriented;
- are not afraid of tight deadlines and publishing schedules;
- develop accurate and thorough project plans;
- can custom-build and manage freelance development teams for smaller projects;
- can identify, negotiate and book external vendors for larger efforts.
English: fluent in speaking and writing
Dutch: speaking and writing (preferred but not required)
What we offer
Working with a group of young, professional creatives in an informal atmosphere. Submarine Channel is located in a monumental building in the middle of Amsterdam (Lab111) with, in addition to a number of film production companies, a restaurant and a cinema.
Salary based on experience and training.
Interested? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to: email@example.com for more information on the company see submarinechannel.com or call Willeke Steenbeeke at +31-(0)20-8204966