As the premier animation studio in the Netherlands, Submarine creates compelling and visually-stunning stories for both the big and small screen. We partner with animators from across the globe to produce innovative and original animation in all varieties – adult animation, children films and series, hybrids and animated documentaries.
Most recently the studio worked on ‘the Wellie Wishers’ a 26×11 series commissioned by Mattel and animated on ‘Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles’ a 2d feature film targeted towards an adult audience. Currently in production are the feature film Heinz and design and sculpting for ‘Fox and Hare’ the series. In the near future we will start production on ‘Knofje’ and the co-production ‘Anne Frank’.
This is an in-house position at Submarine.
Submarine is looking for a number of Compositing artists for a high profile animated television series entitled ‘Undone’. For this production we are searching for experienced Nuke artists with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Construct the final image by combining layers of previously-created material, including 2D animation, effects and backgrounds
- Ensure that the established style of the project is respected and continuity is maintained
- Create visual interesting shots (ex. extra lighting, brighter colours)
- Works closely with all departments from start to finish
- Solid understanding of Nuke and knows how to creatively/efficiently problem-solve challenges
- Able to judge which shots benefit / require more attention
- Solid technical skills, judgement and understanding of colour, lighting, tracking, matte extraction, perspective to produce final overall look
- Works great with the various departments and is involved in the decision and problem-solving processes
- Ability to multi-task on multiple shots and meet strict deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to new show styles, easily transitions